• USE : Hike
• DESCRIPTION : Relaxing walk along Kaasda Héen (Indian River) through northwest coast rainforest with views of the Sisters Mountain, wildlife and more. The trail follows a salmon stream, so expect high levels of bear activity during spawning season.
• DISTANCE : 4.38 miles one way – 2-3 hours one-way
• TIME : 2-3 Hours (one way)
• TRAILHEAD : Begins at parking lot 0.5 miles down Indian River Road on right. Ends near the base of Indian River falls.
• ELEVATION GAIN : Approximately 1000 feet
• RECOMMENDED SEASON : Year Round
• LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY : Easy. Climbs gradually. Easy to find, clear, in fair condition. Some muddy spots. The last few hundred feet to the base of the falls is not a trail; more like boulder-hopping through the creek.
Bikes not currently allowed on trail past the pump house gate.
• TRAIL MANAGEMENT AGENCY : US Forest Service
Join the discussion 5 Comments