Sitka Trail Works, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is seeking a designer to create a new organizational logo.
Sitka Trail Works (STW) is a well-established community nonprofit dedicated to building, maintaining, and promoting trails in Sitka, Alaska. The logo reflects the founding impetus of the organization, as an employment program for displaced workers from the shuttered pulp mill in the mid-1990s. While the logo has remained the same, the organization has evolved over time. Beyond just creating jobs on trails, Sitka Trail Works now advocates for all modes of active transportation and outdoor recreation to ultimately foster improved health and well-being in the community.
The Sitka Trail Works Board of Directors, staff and membership is dedicated to working efficiently and supportively with our partners to create, maintain and promote a beautiful, diversified and accessible trail system; as our gift to future generations. These trails will provide a wide range of opportunities for physical activity, economic development, cultural enrichment and spiritual renewal.
Scope of Work
- Plan logo redesign scope, color scheme, and goals with Sitka Trail Works Executive Director
- Develop a series of logo sketches, exploring different themes and design options
- Incorporate feedback compiled by Executive Director to pick design style
- Prepare draft logo using selected design
- Incorporate one more round of edits
- Share editable art files and image file formats of final logo for use by STW staff
- Initial planning discussions to begin immediately upon contract
- Preliminary logo sketch options due by January 18th
- Draft logo due February 1st
- Final logo due February 28th
- Please submit a quote, outlining hourly rate and/or expected total cost with explanation
- Include at least one example of relevant prior work
- Proposals incorporating a percentage of work as pro bono are welcome
For quote submissions or questions, please contact: